The Flying Circus Flugpark server is hosted by Jagdstaffel (“Jasta”) 5. Jasta 5 has its roots in Redbaron 3D (since 2004) and held the first ever world-wide campaign in both Rise of Flight (Bloody April, 2010) and its successor, Flying Circus (Black September, 2019). Both events are conducted annually and regularly register 100+ pilots world-wide.
Our server missions and campaigns are historically based flight simulation experiences using full-real settings and place a high value on the single “virtual life” during play. Returning to base alive always scores more points and often is required for challenging two-seater reconnaissance missions and to attain final victory.
For maximum enjoyment always read mission descriptions in game, and pay attention to any in game on screen messages regarding objectives. Scrolling with a mouse over objective icons on the map will also often provide useful information regarding how to best complete the objective.
The Flugpark is supported by community members like you with financial donations. If you find enjoyment on the Flugpark as part of the Flying Circus and WWI air combat community, please consider supporting the Flugpark financially. You will help help defray the monthly costs of having a stable, commercial grade Flugpark server available for enjoyment. You can support the Flugpark with a simple a one-time or recurring monthly donation via PayPal using this link: Support the Server!. Thank you!
See this post on the Jasta 5 Server thread in the Flying Circus forum: see post on forum
The Flugpark Discord server runs 24/7 and is available for anyone to use respectfully.
Server Discord Channel:
Join Flugpark Discord Channel
The goal of the Flying Circus Flugpark server is to encourage and develop a tight-knit community of mature, like-minded pilots who wish to enjoy a challenging, rewarding, and fun aerial combat environment. In order to accomplish this, pilots are required to adhere to a Code of Conduct with several important guiding principles. These include an atmosphere of sportsmanship, respect, and fair play.
Please always endeavor to assist those who are new to the game and always treat other pilots with courtesy, decorum and respect. No one wants to play a game when there is no fun in it. You can make it fun by helping others as well as treating them the way you would want to be treated.
Except where the rules of a campaign, event or tournament may amend them:
1. NO VULCHING: Do not to engage in any of the following forms of Vulching:
a. Attacking another plane that is on the ground readying to take off or otherwise not allowing an aircraft to get in the air before launching an attack. Most consider the first turn or firing of guns after take-off to be the point of acceptable engagement.
b. Attacking a plane that has been involved in a collision that is returning to base (RTB), unless it first attacks you.
c. Attacking a plane that is severely damaged or which will eventually crash, unless you am the pilot responsible for most of that damage or it is attacking me.
d. Attacking a single enemy who is already engaged with two or more opponents.
e. Attacking an enemy that is out of ammunition and returning to base (RTB), unless the pilot used much of his ammo up while attacking you.
f. Intentionally stealing other pilots kill by firing the last few rounds into an already doomed plane.
g. Continuously singling out and attacking new players for easy kills.
2. NO DITCHING: Do not engage in “ditching” or purposefully causing your plane to be damaged such that the effect and outcome is the same as having “ditched”, for the purpose of not flying all the way back to base.
3. NO RAMMING Do not to purposefully engage in ramming nor place blame upon being involved in a collision. It always takes two. See #1b.
4. NO BAILING: Do not prematurely exit the server to avoid giving a kill credit to another player under any circumstances.
5. NO ACCUSING: Under no circumstances openly accuse, insinuate or state an opinion that a pilot is cheating without possessing evidence that would support such claims. The software for Flying Circus and FC servers has a variety of ways to prevent cheating of all kinds as well as to identify same.
6. NO SWEARING: Do not to engage in profane or abusive open or team in-game chat or vocabulary on Teamspeak.
7. NO HACKING: By using our server you agree not to alter, add or change software for the purpose of cheating or obtaining an unusual or unfair advantage over other players.
Furthermore, please make every effort to:
8. Respectfully show a pilot who acts dishonorably the error of their way using instructive words of correction.
9. Allow an opponent who is badly wounded to fly home and repair his plane when it is obvious to you that you are far superior in skill (See Guynemer vs. Udet).
10. Express yourself in a positive spirit of sportsmanship, with honor and honesty and try to enhance, encourage and improve the game and the community experience.
Use of Jasta 5 resources, such as the Flugpark, Jasta 5 hosted event server or coms server (Discord and Teamspeak), is a privilege not a right. Jasta 5 reserves the right to ban temporarily or permanently any player for any reason, including but not limited to violation of any of these rules.
Administrators: J5_Baeumer, J5_Matthias, J5_Sturm
Mission Designers: J5_Matthias, J5_Sturm
Please feel free to post suggestions or feedback on the Jasta 5 Server thread on the Flying Circus forum or you can send a email to email@example.com.